February 28th - Dallas - Hand embroidery napkins 10:00 - 12:30pm
This class is perfect for everyone looking to stitch their own family heirlooms. No experience necessary.
Learn embroidery from a textile artist as Needlework Designer Mariana Barran Goodall is hosting her Signature Embroidery classes at Mackenzie Carpenter’s home (Address to follow after sign up)
This class includes a set of 4 cocktail napkins or lunch napkins of your choice to work on, the team will contact you after sign up (Retail between $65 - $112)
In this session you’ll learn:
- Techniques of Hand Embroidered Lettering for Fine Linens
- how to prep your embroidery hoop for DIY magic
- the basics of selecting the perfect thread
- how to start and end your embroidery project
- how to create essential embroidery stitches such as satin stitch, paddling, roses, back stitch, lazy daisy among others.
We’ve got everything you need right here, including over 230 color threads to choose from. Everything you will need for the class will be available for you to use at the class. No additional purchase necessary.
Needlework Designer Mariana Barran Goodall's work combines a modern aesthetic with traditional textile and needlework techniques. The artist, a Mexican designer, is passionate about preserving old world stitching methods. This allows her to work through heritage textiles to reveal new insights in a very simple matter. She believes in the warmth and universal language that comes from a piece of art made completely by hand.