12/11 Dallas - Holiday Hand Embroidery Class 6:00 - 8:30
Learn embroidery from a textile artist as Needlework Designer Mariana Barran Goodall is hosting her Signature Embroidery classes at BIRD Bakery at 7A Highland Park Village, Dallas, Tx 75205. During this workshop, you will learn stitches to create complex monograms that will become the perfect accent for your holiday embroidery.
Your Sampler for this class will be one of Mariana's hand towels with your choice of Holiday Christmas Wreath.
In this session you’ll learn:
- Techniques of Hand Embroidered Lettering for Fine Linens
- how to prep your embroidery hoop for DIY magic
- the basics of selecting the perfect thread
- how to start and end your embroidery project
- how to create essential embroidery stitches such as satin stitch, paddling, French knots, back stitch, lazy daisy among others.
We’ve got everything you need right here, including over 230 color threads to choose from and a cute starter kit. Everything you will need for the class will be available for you to use at the class. No additional purchase necessary.
Additional towels and embroidery designs will be available for purchase.
Needlework Designer Mariana Barran Goodall's work combines a modern aesthetic with traditional textile and needlework techniques. The artist, a Mexican designer, is passionate about preserving old world stitching methods. This allows her to work through heritage textiles to reveal new insights in a very simple matter. She believes in the warmth and universal language that comes from a piece of art made completely by hand.