09/25 Oklahoma - An Introduction to Hand Embroidery - Hydrangea 6:00 - 8:30
Learn embroidery from a textile artist as Needlework Designer Mariana Barran Goodall is hosting her Signature Embroidery classes at Bebe's 6480 Avondale Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73116. During this workshop, you will learn 6 of the most versatile stitches for your hand embroidery projects.
In this session you’ll learn:
- Techniques of Embroidery for Fine Linens
- how to prep your embroidery hoop for DIY magic
- the basics of selecting the perfect thread
- how to start and end your embroidery project
- how to create essential embroidery stitches such as the Running Stitch, Candy Cane, French Knots, Leaf Stitch, Seed Stitch and Steam Stitch among others.
We’ve got everything you need right here, including over 230 color threads to choose from and a cute starter kit. Everything you will need for the class will be available for you to use at the class. No additional purchase necessary.
Additional towels and embroidery designs will be available for purchase.
*Hydrangea towels stitched by Student Cristina Cucciara Luntz
Needlework Designer Mariana Barran Goodall's work combines a modern aesthetic with traditional textile and needlework techniques. The artist, a Mexican designer, is passionate about preserving old world stitching methods. This allows her to work through heritage textiles to reveal new insights in a very simple matter. She believes in the warmth and universal language that comes from a piece of art made completely by hand.