03/02 Birmingham - Embroidery Lettering & Flowers 1:30 - 4:00
This class is perfect for everyone looking to stitch their own family heirlooms. No experience necessary.
Learn embroidery from a textile artist as Needlework Designer Mariana Barran Goodall is hosting her Signature Embroidery classes at Cantley and Company (2821 2nd Ave Ste 120, Birmingham, Alabama .
This class includes a set of 4 hibiscus cocktail napkins of your choice to work on it can be our crochet edge or tassel napkins (Retail between $65 - $96)
In this session you’ll learn:
- Techniques of Hand Embroidered Lettering for Fine Linens
- how to prep your embroidery hoop for DIY magic
- the basics of selecting the perfect thread
- how to start and end your embroidery project
- how to create essential embroidery stitches such as satin stitch, paddling, roses, back stitch, lazy daisy among others.
We’ve got everything you need right here, including over 230 color threads to choose from. Everything you will need for the class will be available for you to use at the class. No additional purchase necessary.
Needlework Designer Mariana Barran Goodall's work combines a modern aesthetic with traditional textile and needlework techniques. The artist, a Mexican designer, is passionate about preserving old world stitching methods. This allows her to work through heritage textiles to reveal new insights in a very simple matter. She believes in the warmth and universal language that comes from a piece of art made completely by hand.