Job Description: The studio assistant is responsible for the successful and efficient operation of the Hibiscus Lines studio. You’ll work closely with Mariana Barran de Goodall and other associates to support business growth, streamline client interface, and ensure outstanding customer service to all clients and vendors. The ideal candidate has outstanding customer service skills, is extremely organized, is detail-oriented, has great time management skills, works well with a team, and is able to take initiative and act without direction. You will contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely support to the team and to our clients.
Hibiscus Linens is located in Houston, Texas.
Business hours are Monday-Friday 9:45am – 3:00 pm.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a thorough and extensive knowledge of our business.
- Answer phones, screen calls, provide relevant answers to potential clients, current clients, and vendors, route pertinent calls to the correct person, schedule meetings as necessary and/or take messages
- Maintain a clean, organized, and welcoming studio environment for our staff and visitors. This can include:
- Preparing the studio for client meetings and creative workshops
- Daily cleaning maintenance such as removing trash, stocking bathroom supplies, washing dishes, sweeping, mopping, dusting
- Scheduling cleaning crew or contract staff for deep cleaning
- Create and maintain par levels for office supplies
- Manage all shipping and receiving companywide
- Manage the calendar by confirming all client and vendor appointments and by scheduling appointments, as needed
- Responsible for maintaining a high energy, positive attitude and professional appearance. You are expected and encouraged to be a brand ambassador Hibiscus Linens
- Assist with promotional events such as open houses, editorial photo shoots, and pop-ups.
Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- 4 year college degree preferred
- 2+ years customer service experience required
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize
- Reliable transportation to and from work and access to run errands, as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding and experience working within a luxury market segment